Our family has a lot of it to pass around.
For all of us, in our busy lives, things happen quickly, good intentions are left unfilled.
Since Kevin was shot, our family, and especially Kevin and Dad, have had to deal with some unimaginably tough things.
Throughout, our family is remembered, and we are so grateful.
We had something more horrible than we imagined happen; and we have experienced more kindness than we knew existed.
So, a genuine note of thanks — for the good thoughts, the prayers, the visits, the support, and so much more.
Just a few examples:
- Kevin’s friends over-filling the waiting rooms of hospitals to the point that ticketing systems had to be created
- Major league baseball giving us Citizens Bank Park to hold a birthday party
- Friends leaving Kevin’s trust as a preferred donation upon their death
- Friends working so hard on a series of fundraising events
- The Irish Network of Philadelphia asking if they could help raise funds for Kevin
- Caregivers who have shown, over and over, that they are so much more
- And countless other offers donate or creative ways to help in any way possible
Why this review? Our fundraising efforts help to defray Kevin’s uncovered medical expenses, which can be considerable. As an example, the trust covers over $1800 a month ($60 to $63 a day) in essential home health care services. Being able to sustain those services has been huge for our family, and we couldn’t do it without you.
We’ve got another great event coming up this fall, and we wanted to share some information so people can start to plan ahead.
Family and friends are working on a September 21 golf tournament/fundraiser for Kevin.
We wondered if it would become routine, as we know we have asked a lot from many people. We have been delighted anew by the generosity of friends new and old.
Our planning committee this year is bigger, with even more friends and families helping.
ESPN 97.5 host and Friend of Kevin Neary Brian Startare ASKED if he could emcee the event, and we were over the moon to accept that kind invitation.
Bill Burland, as always, working as hard as a human can work to sell tickets. Marianne Kaplan, queen of the swag bag. Peggy Neary, queen of the raffles.
A big group of volunteers working on auction items.
Six months away, and we already have two tournament sponsors, and one friend donating golf tees for everyone in attendance.
- Golf tournament tickets for Shriners October 19 – 25 Las Vegas tournament, http://www.shrinershospitalsopen.com/en/TournamentInfo.aspx
- His and her jackets, shirts and Caps from Heritage, http://www.rbcheritage.com/
- Memorobilia from the Sony Open: http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/sony-open-in-hawaii.html
With gratitude, we ask your help once more.
Six months can fly by — sign up now to buy tickets, and beat the crowd!
(If you come for just lunch, you will have the chance to bid on items, and will be there for the lunchtime program, which will include some great live auction items. But don’t plan to have the meal of a lifetime: burgers, hotdogs and chips on the menu.)
Have auction items to donate? Please contact Chris Kelly at email@example.com.
Our thanks for your continued support, and we hope you’ve had a great St. Patrick’s Day!