Kevin continues to stay healthy and make progress on the number of hours he spends off the ventilator. He’s currently up to 19 hours off the ventilator each day. Staying healthy has kept him on track and enabled to get out a bit, which has been great. Last week, he was really thrilled to attend the wedding of his friends Scott and Angela. He looked dapper, as usual, and had a great time.
Kevin and the family are really excited for his 30th birthday party – which is just around the corner. We have some really great details to announce here. Emceed by WIP radio host Glen Macnow, the event will feature fun for the whole family and a really impressive list of auction items. The committee planning the event and our wonderful sponsors have done a really amazing job. For a full catalog of auction items, click here (large PDF document). The catalog includes suggested bids and lots of information about the items.
Some highlights include:
- Philadelphia hotel packages, including admission to various attractions and fun items for the kids
- Visit to Angelo Cataldi’s show, the Mike and Ike show, and the Glen Macnow/Ray Didinger show
- Museum packages (Brandywine, Hagley Museum, Battleship New Jersey, Longwood Gardens, National Constitution Center, and others)
- Tickets to Philly-area comedy venues, theatres, film festivals, ballet, etc.
- Great restaurant gift certificates, including Union Trust, Starr Restaurants, and many others
- Several Philly sports events (the Army-Navy game, Phillies, Eagles, college sports, etc)
- US Airways vouchers
- Backstage passes to NBC10
- Jersey Shore hotels, activities (golf, surfing, fishing, etc.) and food
- Several New York City items, including concerts and restaurants
- Hidden Creek Golf Club hotel and foursome
- Getaway to Washington, DC at the Renaissance Washington Hotel
- Behind the scenes tour of Hardball with Chris Matthews
- NCIS taping in Los Angeles
- Signed Claude Giroux photo
And, as we had announced previously, one much-talked about item is the opportunity to be an extra and bring your friends to a filming of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia! (We thought this was worth mentioning a few times.)
With so many items, there’s a good chance you’ll walk away with something great. We recommend you get your tickets as soon as you can here! And feel free to invite your friends.
As some of you may know, the trial of Christopher Easter will begin on September 10th. We will provide pertinent details when they are available, but as a family we will not have any public comments on the trial until it is over.
At this time we continue to focus on Kevin’s progress, keeping him healthy, and his birthday party on September 14th. We appreciate everyone’s support as we move forward.
Joel Newman & Ashley Eichbauer said:
Thanks for the update, Nearys. Sending love from Hoboken to you all! You guys are the best. Looking forward to having Kevin at our wedding next!
19 hours off the ventilator, Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy for you Kevin. Will keep the prayers going.
dauna ross paquier said:
YES! 19 hrs off ventilator…..praise god! we’re all so happy about this kevin! i just shared with uncle pete your update was in! we always look for’d to it! looking for’d in sharing your birthday spirit hon! and we will pray for justice at the trial. making great strides in leaps and bounds kevin! keep up the great work!
Stephen Spencer said:
Sounds great Kevin!
David W. Haynes said:
Kevin is a great inspiration to me. Keep up the hard fight.
Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless
District RestauRANT said:
You’re a ROCK, Kevin!!!!