Two weeks until our September 1 cut-off for sales, and 70 golf tournament tickets are sold!
We want to remind everyone interested to buy golf and lunch tickets, at:
We’d hate to have to say no to anyone who wants to attend. Please understand that we have to make final plans for golf and for lunch on September 1st ! If you’re not a golfer, consider joining us for lunch and the auction at around one o’clock on September 15. Lunch tickets, which must be purchased online by September 1st , are $30.
A beautiful day of golf isn’t the only thing in store on the 15th. We have some amazing auction items. Our live auction items will include:
- Four club seats to see the Philadelphia Eagles play the St Louis Rams at the Linc on Sunday, October 3 at 1 p.m, a parking pass, and an autographed Fletcher Cox (#91) jersey.
- Two fantastic (Section 242, row 2, seats 17 and 18) tickets to see the return of DeSean Jackson as the Washington Redskins play the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, September 21 at 1 p.m.…..the Eagles’ first NFC East game of the year!
- Four tickets, and a parking pass, to the Army Navy game on Sunday, December 13 at 3 p.m.at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Two weekly badges to the Farmers Insurance Open, February 5 – 8, 2015 in La Jolla, California and a three night stay at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
- (Does anyone have any airline miles they would like to donate? If we could get enough miles to sponsor a Philly-San Diego roundtrip, it would make this great trip even better. Keep in mind that the trust is not a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation—a gift to the trust is NOT tax deductible.)
- Two tickets to a 2014/15 (40th!) season Saturday Night Live show in New York city.
- Two clubhouse passes to the Quicken Loans National tournament at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club, July 27 – August 2, 2015 in Gainesville, Virginia.
Our silent auction items are equally great. We’ll post a full program PDF, listing all of the auction items, just prior to the event.
See you all in a few weeks!
What are you doing on Monday, September 15, 2014?
Shockingly, that is only two months from today.
Kevin and fans will be at Wyncote Golf Club, kicking off our second annual
Kevin will arrive in the van that you helped him buy!
Joining Kevin and his friends to serve once again as Master of Ceremonies
for the luncheon will be 97.5 The FANATIC’s Brian Startare. “Kevin is an
inspiration to us all, and I’m delighted to be back,” Startare said. “And
with great auction items on hand already, we’ll have a tremendous
opportunity to raise significant funds.”
Live auction items include:
• Four club seats with a parking pass to a 2014 Philadelphia Eagles regular
season game and an autographed Fletcher Cox #91 jersey.
• Two tournament passes to the February 5 – 8, 2015 Farmers Insurance Open
at Torrey Pines Golf Course, San Diego, Calif., and three nights at the San
• Two tournament clubhouse passes to the July 27 – August 2, 2015 Tiger
Woods Quicken Loans Open at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course,
• Two passes to the December 13, 2014 Army-Navy game at Baltimore’s M&T
And many great silent auction items! Two autographed Rickie Fowler hats,
great restaurant and theatre tickets, golfing, and so much more!
Reliable rumors say that more good items are on their way!
But you have to be there to snap up these great items.
We are so grateful to the many, many people who have given so generously to
create what we think will be a spectacular auction to complement a great
day of golfing!
Register here for the event as a sponsor, golfer or to donate directly to
Please, help spread the news!
Live in Philly and worried about transportation to and from the event?
Contact Denise and Chris at email@example.com. If there is enough
interest, we’ll look into group transportation from downtown to the wilds
of beautiful Oxford, PA!
Ticket sales end this year on September 1.
It has been 2 months since our last post. Don’t worry we will get to the Golf outing update in a minute. We wanted to share a few photos of Kevin’s most recent trip to see a production of Shrek, featuring a few of Kevin’s good friends. By all accounts it was a great time.
The weather is getting much nicer which means we will hopefully have more pictures of Kevin’s future outings. As always please feel free to stop by and visit. The deck and the grill are all ready! And if you stop by the house, ask Kevin to show you his new “glasses”!
Don’t forget about the upcoming golf outing!
Less than four months to go until the September 15 FOKN golf tournament!
But you have to be there to see it all!
We hosted our first Friends of Kevin Neary tournament in 2013, at Wyncote Golf Club, and are planning for an even bigger and better event to benefit Kevin at Wyncote on Monday September 15, 2014.
Last year’s event sold out—and with our first tickets going to the Fanatic’s Brian Startare, we predict another sell-out event, and another great day of golf.
Details about the day, and ticket sales, are here:
On the site, you can:
- Buy a ticket, or a foursome (and see who else is coming), or a sponsor package
– Six months out and we already have one bronze sponsor!
- Make a donation
- Sponsor a hole
Our auction items already include:
City Tap House in Philly:
Mile High Restaurant in Glen Mills:
The Philadelphia Eagles!!!
Some awesome gift baskets!
We are grateful to all, and we know there is so much more to come!
Note that SALES END September 1.
Questions about golf? Contact Bill Burland, firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to donate an auction, raffle, or goodie bag item? Contact Chris Kelly, email@example.com.
Looking forward to a great event!
While we usually like to share updates on Kevin and his progress, this time we are taking a moment to share a little about our Dad. Dad and his girlfriend Kathy, traded in the snow boots and ice scrapers for a week in warm and Sunny Riviera Maya, Mexico. For all that Dad does to take care of Kevin and all Kathy does to take care of Dad, this was a well deserved break for both of them. Here are a few pictures from the trip:
In other news, Kevin is doing well. He is hoping for some warmer temperatures to roll around soon so that he can get out a bit more easily. The new van has helped with winter trips so this spring and summer should be a breeze! Thanks to everyone who has been in to seen Kevin over the past few weeks.
Thank you all!
It has been a relatively quiet month at Neary home. And that is great news. We did want to share a special post to again thank everyone for their generosity and show the impact that your support.
As you all know we were fortunate to have had help finding a van to get Kevin all the places he needs to go. Having that van at the ready, and not having to rely on public transportation for every trip is integral to Kevin’s independence. We had a few issues with the van and with your help, have been able to replace it with a brand new one. Below are a few photos of Kevin’s new ride. We are so thankful for this upgrade. It is a bit more reliable, has a brand new lift, better head room for Kevin, his chair and for his nurse. Some other features include a dvd player and TV for longer trips, head phones to keep out some of the noise, better ambient lighting and a much smoother ride.
Thank you so much for making this happen!
If you are in the Philly area today, check or this great event the Irish Network has put together for Kevin:
We are so grateful, and so impressed. Check out their entertainment, and their auction items!
Family friendly, and sure to be fun! Santa is coming! Are you?
Please join the Irish network of Philadelphia for a fun evening to support Kevin! On Sunday, December 8th from 2 – 8 pm the Irish network of Philadelphia and the Tir Na Nog Irish bar and Grill will be hosting a benefit for Kevin. They will have live music, a buffet and the first drink is on the house!
You can register at http://www.irishnetwork-philly.com today.
We hope to see you there!